MINISTRY OF LANDS, SURVEYS AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT IN BRIEF
The Ministry is divided into the following six (6) Directorates
(3) Urban Development
(4) Town Planning
(5) Planning, Research and Statistics
(6) Finance and Administration.
Also, the ministry maintains 9 field offices which supervise its activities in overseeing the 25 Local government areas in the state. The Ministry also runs the Land Use and Allocation Committee, which is added by a part-time Chairman.
The Ministry performs the following functions:
• Acquisition of Lands for government development and payment of compensation on government acquired lands
• Evaluation and rent payment for government occupied properties
• Allocation of government plots
• Processing of certificate of occupancy on both government and private lands
• Processing of application for subsequent transaction on the purchase of private properties
• Carrying out Property Surveying and Mapping jobs on behalf of the states and communities of Delta State.