The people of Delta are known for their hospitality and accommodating attitude. The major tribes in the State basically have identical customs, beliefs and cultures. The cultural identity is manifested in their festivals and traditional marriage ceremonies, while certain words are common to many tribes. The inhabitants of Delta State are either Christians or African Traditional Religionists with very few Muslims .
Their systems of Traditional Administration tend to be identical as well as their folktales, dances, arts and crafts. Farming, Fishing, Hunting and Oil Exploration are the major occupations of the inhabitants of Delta State, as about 80% of the active labour forces are engaged in these occupational activities with the remaining 20% engaged in other occupations.The state is endowed with a rich cultural heritage. Various kinds of festivals are held in the state. For example the Agbasa Festival celebrated by the Urhobo.
The celebration of traditional festivals is annual community affairs throughout Delta State. Almost every village celebrates a traditional festival and this draws both indigenes and non-indigenes to the village. Traditional festivals normally come between March and December every year. These festivals offer occasions for re-union of members of the family, friends and well wishers from far and near. Some of the important festivals celebrated in the State are Adane Okpe, Iyeri, Edjenu, Okere Juju, Ine, Ulor, Ukwata and Ore-Uku.
Delta State boasts of quite a number of hotels for the comfort of visitors. These hotels are located in all major towns in the State. There are standard hotels in the state such as the Palm Royal Hotel in Warri and the River Motel, Abraka.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW PROJECTS UPDATES