LOCAL SKILLS CORNER: HOW TO MAKE LIQUID SOUP
This initiative is designed to contribute towards human capital development by promoting skill acquisition among the online community.
It involves a showcase of local skills practiced in different parts of Nigeria, which can be easily learnt by indigenes to improve their quality of life and help supplement their income.
The skills are taught using an easy to understand stepwise approach, which allows for a better understanding of the underlying processes. This edition will be focusing on how to make liquid soap from scraps of soap.
The following are steps involved in making liquid soup:
- Collect soap scrap. You can make liquid soap from scrap soap you have around the house. Scrap soaps are little chunk/left over of soap.
- Make soap paste: With the use of a stove or gas cooker, pour water into a clean pot. As soon as the water boils, pour the scrap soap into the pot.
- Boil: For full dissolution of the mixture so as not to separate later, it is important that the paste be left to boil for 30minute.
- Stir: Stirring is an important part of this process. It is important to stir well from time to time to disintegrate the soap thoroughly.
- Add fragrance: Adding fragrance to the soap is not compulsory. It depends on the user. Fragrance makes the soap smell nice
- Liquid soap is ready.