How To Make Nigeria Zobo Drink.
• Dry zobo leaves
• Artificial Flavour
1. Wash the dry zobo leaves repeatedly in cold water, it may seem like all the colour/ flavour are being washed off, during the stage of boiling you will discover that the dry zobo leave has lot of colours.
2. Wash, peel and cut the pineapple into slices.
3. Wash and peel the garlic and ginger in slices.
Step by step direction on how to make zobo drink.
• Put the wash zobo leave into a deep pot.
• Add pineapple and enough water to cover the zobo leave in the pot.
• Start cooking the leaves and boil for 5minutes.
• Add the garlic and ginger, add more water and keep boiling for another 30minutes.
• Turn off the heat and keep the drink aside to cool down completely.
• When cool, pour the juice through a chiffon cloth to filter off the leaves leaving only the juice.
• Add any artificial flavour of your choice, sugar and stir.
• Pour into bottles and keep chilled.
Note: If you will be using artificial flavour you will need to add water depending on the concentration you want. Also, zobo has a sour taste, so it is recommended that a little sugar be added.