The Uduaghan administration has vigorously pursued its infrastructural development programme such that the whole of Delta State has become one huge construction site. Key projects like the Asaba International airport are being embarked upon just as roads, bridges, sports facilities, beautification and erosion control measures among others, are visible across the nooks and crannies of Delta State.
The Asaba International Airport Project is expected to jump-start economic activities around Asaba and indeed the whole State, as it would open up commercial activities for traders and businesses across the State and serve as a gateway to the East. It will also facilitate optimal usage of the proposed Asaba Business District.
Some of the other major projects undertaken by the Ministry under the present administration include:
• Okpara-Olomu Bridge and Access Road
• Beautification and reconstruction of Effurun Roundabout
• Reconstruction of model markets at Mosogar, Patani, Abavo, and Ekwuoma
• Construction of High Court Complex, Warri
• the new Government House project;
• Construction of the Sapele-Abigborodo road;
• Dualitsation of Asaba-Ughelli road;
• Dualisation of old Lagos / Asaba road, Boji-Boji;
• Construction of Koko-Uba-Egbelemeji road;
• Dualisation of Ughelli-Arterial roads;
• Dualisation of Ajamimuogha-Ekpen-Okere road / Bowen-odion road/Cemetery road Warri;
• Dualisation of PTI/Jakpa road;
• reconstruction of Agbarho-Okan junction, Warri-Eku road (with two bridges).
• There is also the plan to take over the Warri Airport and upgrade it into an International Airport to serve the strategic business needs of Warri, the Oil city.
The ministry has also spearheaded extensive street-lighting projects which have greatly improved the aesthetic values of major cities in the state at night, especially Asaba and Warri. Added to the beautification projects, night life has been greatly enhanced due to the increased sense of safety and security of lives and property.
Some of the Street Lighting Projects embarked upon lately include:
Asaba Street-Lighting Project
• Asaba/Illah dual carriage way, stretching from summit junction to Delta State University, Asaba Campus gate.
• Nnebisi road, stretching from Abraka filling station to Okpanam road by the Legislators Village
• Ibusa road, stretching from Koka filling station to Nnebisi junction and
• Road stretch from Niger bridge head end at Asaba on Asaba-Benin express way to Issele – Azagba Junction.
Warri Street Lighting Project
• Warri by-pass through Effurun roundabout to the new Nigeria ports authority and
• Warri/Sapele road though Texaco petrol station to NPA bye pass
Ughelli Street Lighting Project
• Ugheli/Afesere road
• Ovie palace way
Sapele Street Lighting Project
• Okoriwghe –Sapele road
• New road
• Market road
SOME OTHER ACHEIVEMENTS IN INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT.
• Building of bridges across the state.
• Construction of a 10,000 seating capacity Event Centre in the state capital.
• Commissioning of the Delta State Independent Power Project.
• Construction of 120 Housing units at Ogwashi Uku.
• Rehabilitation of Anykoromo Community
• Expansion of Usubi Airport
• Establishment of Koko Free Trade Zone
• Establishment of Warri Industrial Business Park
• Provision of Skill Acquisition Centers at various locations across the state etc.